Wharton Public Library's Teen Advisory Board
Tuesday, January 27th, at 5:30pm
Tuesday, February 24th, at 5:30pm
Tuesday, March 31st, at 5:30pm
Tuesday, April 28th, at 5:30pm
Tuesday, May 26th, at 5:30pm
Tuesday, June 23rd, at 5:30pm
There is currently no meeting scheduled for July.
Information, Policies, and Requirements
Object Statement: The Teen Advisory Board (TAB) exists to give young adults the opportunity for their voices to be heard. They will provide suggestions and feedback regarding YA activities, YA collection development, and other library issues pertinent to young adults. They may also organize activities and fundraisers, and undertake volunteer projects.
- The TAB is open to Wharton Public Library cardholders in grades 6-12.
- Members' cards must be in good standing (Unexpired, with no fines or fees over $5.00)
- The TAB will meet once each month.
- The TAB cannot exceed 20 members.
- Prospective members must turn in a complete TAB Application, Parental Permission and Release of Liability Form, and Photo Release Form.
- Membership in the TAB will not be restricted by race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, size, or economic status.
- Members must be reachable by phone or email.
- Everyone is equal.
- A quorum must be present for votes to be held. The quorum will be determined based on the total number of board members.
- A simple majority passes a vote.
- If a member abstains from voting, that member is agreeing to go along with what the majority decides.
- It is the responsibility of every member of the TAB to behave ethically during the meetings.
- Members who have been given the floor should be treated with respect and not interrupted.
- All TAB members will respect the rights and privacy of others.
- TAB members will not use library space or materials inappropriately.
- TAB members will turn all electronic devices off during meetings.
- Motions may be debated until a consensus is reached or until a 2/3rds majority vote ends debate.
- Once a motion is voted on, it cannot be brought up for vote again in the same meeting.
Requirements of TAB Members
- Attend at least six meetings a year.
- Help at or run at 3 three events a year.
- Raise awareness of library services and activities among your peers.
Benefits of Being a TAB Member:
- Direct input in library activities.
- Volunteer hours for service groups/applications.
- Ability to use library staff as a reference for job, scholarship, or college applications.