Adopted and approved by the Library Board of Trustees on June 17, 2014
1) The library wishes to present works by area artists in the second floor Gallery. The library director chooses artists based on the quality of their work, anticipated appeal to the community, and type of media and its appropriateness for the library gallery space. Individuals interested in submitting art work for consideration should send digital images to Eileen Burnash, or arrange to bring in samples of work.
2) The art gallery area has a hanging system and several tables for three dimensional art.
3) Exhibits are for one calendar month and will be set up and taken down by the artist on a schedule agreed to by the library director. If assistance is needed, arrangements need to be made with the library director in advance.
4) The artists must provide a list of their works and any biographical information they wish to share. The artists must provide information for a press release at least two weeks before the opening of their exhibit.
5) Artists may show that their artwork is for sale, but all transactions are between the artist and the buyer. The artist will number each piece and provide a price list with their contact information.
6) The library will not charge any fees to the artists, but is always willing to take a donation.
7) The library is not responsible for loss or damage to the art work displayed in the library. Artists may wish to have insurance on their pieces.
8) The Library welcomes art exhibits from our borough schools. The art teachers are responsible for handling these exhibits.